I know I already blogged today but with all of the hype going around from President Obama finally stating that he, as President, supports gay marriage (though he supported it as a Senator), I thought I'd share my feelings and thoughts on this topic...
"WE, THE FIRST PRESIDENCY and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children."
This is the opening sentence of "The Family: A Proclamation to The World," a proclamation released by my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints.
I fully believe that marriage is only to be between a man and woman. We were sent to this earth to marry and procreate and to serve Heavenly Father, and we do all of these things to return to Him again.
Now I am not at all saying that we should not love all of God's children, hetero- and homo- sexual alike. We must continue to love and treat everyone the same, no matter what. Though you don't necessarily support their lifestyles and hobbies, you must treat everyone like a human being and the son or daughter of God that they are.
Whether you're Mormon, Baptist, Non- Denomination, Methodist, Lutheran, Protestant, Catholic, or any other form of Christianity, or not even Christian, I invite you to read the rest of The Proclamation and read the rest of the eternal truths stated.
Here's the link:
http://www.lds.org/family/proclamation
That's all for now,
Lots of love,
Kori
No comments:
Post a Comment