I have been super busy this past week with school and ... more school. Yes, my life is quite exciting these days.
Between me going to school and doing homework, I have realized a few things that I'm grateful for:
Idaho.
I know, I know. This sounds crazy, but just sit back and read this story that happened on Friday ...
Megan and I went to Sams and Target and while we were in Target, I of course wandered over to the shoe area. While there I put down my phone, or at least I'm guessing that's where I put it, and I walked away from it and forgot about it! I proceeded to check out and drive back to the Burg and then realized my phone was missing! I turned around and ran back into Target tried to find my phone ... it was nowhere to be found. A cashier finally went to the customer service desk, looked, and found my phone! Someone had turned it in.
So why am I grateful for Idaho? People here (for the most part), are super honest and turn in lost phones. In Florida, if you lost an iPhone, it is gone forever.
The Temple.
Rexburg has the ability to produce breath-taking sunsets. I took these pictures just with my phone on a walk with some friends.
The Rexburg temple is always so beautiful, especially at sunset and night time. You can't help but marvel at this Holy place every time you even glance at it.
Yesterday I was walking home in the horrible wind storm (I was literally being blown around), and I had a revelation. While the whole world around me was being tossed to- and -fro, I looked at the temple. While you would think that wind that strong would make Moroni waver and sway, but he didn't. I then realized, or maybe was just reminded, that nothing in this world is constant and steady except for the Gospel ... and for that, I am grateful.
On a side note, I am also grateful for the temple for the promise of eternity with your spouse and family. My best friend Alyson just got engaged last night to Sam, and I'm just so excited for them both! I can't wait for August 20 when they both say yes to eternity!
That's all for now...
So much love,
K



No comments:
Post a Comment