Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Beginning.

After much contemplation and mediation, I, Kori Alizabeth Withers, have decided to start a blog. Maybe it's that I feel left out that all of my friends have a blog and I don't or maybe it's because my journalism teacher told my class it would improve our writing skills. Either way, I've done it, and here it is.

First, let me explain the title of my blog. I am a southern belle, and proud of it. I embrace my sweet Southern heritage and try to share it with as many as I can. For the second part, Potato Land. I am currently going to school in Idaho...the land of potatoes. Yes, you may be asking yourselves why in the world am I going to school in Idaho and I ask myself that question multiple times a day and frankly, I have no idea. I just know for some reason, I need to be here.

Now, for a little about myself. I'm just a normal 19 girl trying to figure my life out. Right now, I am studying Communications with an emphasis is Broadcast Journalism. I'm not sure if this is the career I really want to do, but for as long as I can remember I've loved the news. However until I begin my career, I am a shoe sales woman for JC Penney. I LOVE this company. I have shopped there for as long as I could remember, but I never knew how well they care and treat their employees. I kind of don't want to work during school but obviously I have to to survive and I'm sure my friends understand when I can't hang out.

FRIENDS! I almost forgot. I have some of the best in the world. I'm in the weird transition phase where I'm really not speaking to kids from high school anymore and trying to come to terms with it. But here's a brief rundown of my friends:


Megan Alyse Roxas.
Yup, she's my sister and my very, very best friend. And that's her husband, Jet and her sweet son, Eli. She's 5 years older than me and so much wiser. She and Jet are the most awesome people I've ever known. This past winter I lived in Provo and lived less than 5 minutes away. It was the best winter of my life! Megan and I haven't lived that close to each other in almost 5 years! That's crazy! Leaving her and the fam was seriously that saddest thing ever. I just love them so much!



Alyson Vera Corbett.
She is my fav. She's the best. She's the crem da la crem! She's the big cheese. She's the greatest errrr. She's one of my bestest friends! We were roommates during the winter and I had one of the best times of my life with her We'd share secrets, and talk about our shopping addictions, and share shoes (among other things;) She's seriously one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. She's patient and loving. She's is kind, she is smart, she is important. :) I loved taking pictures of her with my new camera I got for Christmas. She and her man, Sam, were my guinea pigs.They are so great for each other!

Kaitlin Richey Fitts.
I love this girl to death! She's hilarious, and a tad bit ridiculous...but I wouldn't have her any other way! Kate is one of the nicest and most charitable people I've ever met! She always puts others before herself and when she says she worships you, she means it!She's my night owl. We would stay up way too late watching the O.C. and clips from Gossip Girl. She's the greatest. I'm so grateful to be able to call her a best frannnn.

Megan Lynn Fowler.
We've been besties since the 7th grade and she's my soul sister. We finally get to go to school together...I know she's super excited. She can't leave my apartment, She's here everyday...and it's the best. I'm going to estimate by the end of the semester she will owe over $500 worth of food. haha.


I'm so sorry for this first post being so long. I didn't mean for it to be. It just kind of happened. I can't and won't promise a post daily, or ever weekly, but one this I can promise; when I post, it will be long. I always, always have a lot to say...so be prepared!

So much love,
Kori

1 comment:

  1. You make me want to cry with all this goodness. Is it too much to say that you're my heart and soul? I miss you.

    ReplyDelete